Monday, June 13, 2016

FMS238 and CTS#176

I'm so pleased... Playing along with sketches this week inspired me to get my Father's Day cards done a whole week ahead! {Even the insides are finished!!!} Here's the Freshly Made Sketches sketch:

And here's my card:


Yes, I realize you probably wonder how I came up with that card from the sketch! It was totally inspired by it though! Those long bars reminded me of the trees in the Wonderland stamp set that I've never had a chance to ink up... I was going to put my father's day sentiment popped up on a smaller shape but I didn't have the right shape of sentiment and besides I really like this sentiment from stampin up's Delightful Dozen stamp set. So there you have it... My inspiration from FMS238.  I decided to link up anyways, even if it's not the best copy of the sketch! 


Next up! 
Here's the CAS{E} This Sketch  challenge:


And here's my card:


I realize this isn't a perfect interpretation of the sketch either but again, the card was totally inspired by it.  I loved the curved banner on the sketch! I used a straight banner die and just trimmed the top and bottom to a curve. 
The burlap is a scrap of ribbon that I couldn't throw away because "it might work on a card sometime..." SO GLAD to finally get it off of my desk! 


The leaves are from the Papertrey Branching Out die. I trimmed off one of the leaves that would've covered the word Father and doodled on the rest with my Old Olive marker. The Kraft paper is embossed with the Papertrey Woodgrain cover plate. 


Thanks for stopping by! 


6 comments:

  1. Two wonderful cards! I love your takes on the sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great cards! Love those trees! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very creative take on the sketch! You've created a wonderful Father's Day card. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anne Marie, your little scrap is totally at home on your card - I'm glad you 'saved' it for us at CTS! What a fantastic card!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the integration of the leaf die-cuts and burlap! Great card!

    ReplyDelete