Friday, April 23, 2010

PPA 39 - K.I.S.S.


Keep it Simple, Sweetie! That's what it's all about over at Pals Paper Arts this week. Play along at PPA. The first card I made did not turn out like the picture I had in my mind so I made another one... which one do you like better? (For some crazy reason, the first card I made is pictured last... I don't know what I'm doing yet here!) These roses are super simple to make... I used cameo coral cardstock (retiring with the color renovation), stamped the Fifth Avenue Floral rose image with Versamark, and then embossed it with white embossing powder. I then took a Q-tip dabbed in cameo coral ink and highlighted the insides of the petals. The "Happy Birthday" sentiment is from the stamp set Well Scripted... only available until April 30th... ALSO - this beautiful rose from the Fifth Avenue Floral stamp set is on sale this month! Check out the Two Step into Spring promotion.

Supplies:

Card #1:
Cardstock: White, Cameo Coral (retiring), Old Olive
Stamps: Fifth Avenue Floral (113734), Well Scripted (Occasions Mini - 118601)
Ink: Cameo Coral, Black Stazon
Other: White embossing powder (109132), 5/8" Old Olive Satin ribbon (117292), Little Leaves die (114511), Scor-Pal

Card #2:
Cardstock: Close to Cocoa (retiring), Ruby Red (retiring), Cameo Coral (retiring), Old Olive (not retiring :))
Ink: Cameo Coral
Stamps: Fifth Avenue Floral (113734)
Other: White embossing powder (109132), 5/8" Old Olive satin ribbon (Occasions Mini - 117292), Little Leaves die (114511), Scor-Pal


7 comments:

  1. Beautiful flowers - both cards are lovely! Simply elegant! So glad you joined us at PPA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on being selected a PPA Artist Pick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these! Great job with the coloring task!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards. I love the texture you gave your backgrounds. TFS. Congratulations of PPA Artist Pick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowie, Anne . . . both versions are stunning. Congrats on standing out for the PPA Pick! Hugs, M

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like both versions, but maybe the red bkgrnd one a bit better!

    ReplyDelete